Flame Retardant PLA Filament
Place of Origin:Shenzhen, China
Flame Retardant PLA has flame retardant additive that can inhibit or delay combustion and do not burn themselves easily. Flame Retardant PLA is approximately 90% PLA, and 10% flame retardant additives. The appearance is light yellow with. When removed from a flame source, the material could be extinguished itself. This filament is suitable for 3d printer parts which have to fulfil the standard for safety for flammability of plastic materials UL 94 Classification HB.
Spool N.W: 1 kg
Filament: 1.75 mm Flame retardant PLA
Box size: 21 × 21 × 7.5 cm
Package details: vacuum sealed, individual box, master carton
*Flame Retardant PLA (Poly lactic Acid) 3D Printer Filament Vacuumed Sealed With Desiccant
*High strength, better toughness, low odor
*Precise detail, good adhesion to build plates, less warping or curling
*Diameter Accuracy can be controlled within ±0.05 mm
*Flammability of these materials could pass UL 94 Classification HB.
1. Printing temperature: 200-230℃
2. Heated bed: 50-60℃
3. Speed: 50-100 mm/sec
4. Cooling fan: on
General printing tips:
1. Change the nozzle before printing is a good way to reduce jam.
2. Finding perfect gap between nozzle and print platform is important to get nice prints. We prefer place A4 paper between gap, if can pull out paper intact with some strength, then it is perfect height.
3.PLA Filament adheres well to acrylic and blue painter’s tape, we prefer use blue tape on the build plate with no raft.
4. Place remitting filament back to original vacuum bag and stock them in a cool and dry place after print. Filament can absorb moisture from air and affect its quality and performance.
5. Better to release filament to original status after print, keep it bend at certain degree on your printer may cause break for next print.
|Test item||Value||Test Method|
|Density||1.24 g/cc||ISO 1183|
|Melt Index||12 g/min||ISO 1133|
|Glass transition temperature||60 C||ISO 11357|
|Tensile Strength||38.4 Mpa||ISO 527|
|Elongation at break||2.9 %||ISO 527|
|Bending Strength||43.6 Mpa||ISO 178|
|Bending Modulus||2670 Mpa||ISO 178|
|Izod Impact, Notched||3.8 KJ/m||ISO 180|
|Head distortion temperature||55 C||ISO 75|
Frequently Asking Question
1. Does flame retardant pla filament meet the UL 94 standards?
Yes, our conductive pla could pass the UL 94 V-0 flammability standards
2. How do I store this filament?
Most filaments tend to absorb moisture from the air; because of this your filament can become brittle and slowly degrade the quality. It’s recommended to keep unused filament and store it in a storage container or zip lock bag with a desiccant.
3.Do settings need to be adjusted as compared with normal PLA filament ?
Flame retardant pla need to 5-10 °C higher than standard pla.