Nylon will shrink as it cools during printing. Compared with ABS, nylon has higher shrinkage, It is very easy to wrap in printing, below is the tips to prevent warping.
1. Enclosure, This is the key component to success with nylon filament. The enclosure could prevent
the heat from escaping, and also protects the print from the influence of the surrounding. A stable environment ensures that the printed material cools more slowly and the temperature is distributed more evenly throughout the part. This helps to reduce the rate of shrinkage and reduces the risk of warping and delamination.
2. Glue, the heated bed must be coated with a preset thickness of glue, this is much helpful for sticking to the bed.
3. Raft, Raft is necessary for printing. This will help to stick to the bed and minimize shrinkage through the printing.
4. Infill, After our test, printing with 20-25% infill has the best performance. As there is less shrinkage stress on the surface. On the other hand, it also could hold the structure profile
and prevent distorting.
5. The diameter of model, Nylon is not suitable for large diameter, flat models, It usually deforms in print.