Bulk PLA Filament
Certification: Rohs, SGS
Standard Weight: 1kg
Large spool: 2kg,3kg and 5kg spool
Color: more than 30 type
PLA stands for Polylactic Acid, and it is solid at cool temperatures, but it becomes soft and pliable when it is heated. PLA filament comes in two sizes, and it has a relatively low melting point, especially compared to other plastics. As a result, a heated print bed is not necessary.
When you heat it, it will give off an odor similar to sugar because it is plant-based, but it does not smell like hot plastic. You will not need a hood for fumes, and you can safely print with PLA indoors.
PLA plastic is more rigid and stronger than ABS filament. It can easily be sanded down after you use it, and it is easy to paint with acrylic paints. If you need to glue it, you can use cyanoacrylate. In addition, it is easy to repair or bend because it has a low melting point, and it is very easy to work with.
PLA filament produces sharper details and corners without the risk of warping or cracking, which is an advantage compared to ABS. In addition, you can print with it at higher throughput speeds.
Because PLA filament is made of plant-based materials and is environmentally friendly, it has many common uses. It is often used in surgical implants because of its ability to degrade into lactic acid in the human body. In addition, it is used in food packaging, disposable clothing, diapers, upholstery, bags, disposable tableware, hygiene products, and more.
It comes as the wire on a spool, and it is fed into the extruder head of the printer. The plastic is heated until it melts, and then it is dropped on the printing tray. It is very stable during the printing process because it warps much less than other plastics. Once it cools, it can be sanded.
PLA Filament Setting
extruder Temperatures: 190-230 °C
heated bed: Not needed, but if printer has heated bed, 50-60 °C
Cooling fan: On
Questions for most people want to know
1. What is the different between yours with other brand?
There are three unique advantage different from others.
1. We use premium type of raw material, it is more flexible and easier to print.
2. All the diameter are passed two detection;laser measure and hole test. We are sure filament are 100% in the range. Jam will never be occurred in our type.
3. Neat winding is available here. There are no tangle in the spool.
2. How many meters is one spool?
Our standard spool for PLA filament is 1 kg, it is about 335 meters in length.
3. How many grams is empty bobbin?
It is about 200g.
4. Will this fit in most printers (1.75 mm)?
Yes, Our PLA filament could support most 3d printer.
5. Is it food safe and toxic?
Poly lactic is non-toxic, but it is not food safe. The natural of PLA is BPA free and pass food certificated from FDA, that is just for raw material. There has somethings changed in printing, we don’t recommend to use in food area.
6. Does PLA filament work with makerbot?
PLA is common used material in 3d printing, including maker bot, Ultimaker.
7. Do you have 2.85 PLA filament in stock?
Yes, we always have several roles in our warehouse.
8. Is larger spool available?
Yes, we have series of large spool for PLA filament, including 2 kg, 3 kg and 5 kg spool.
9. Does it work with 3D pen?
Yes, 3d pen use the same material.
10. Is pla filament flexible?
The nature of pla is brittle and strong. We have changed the formula to get rough pla filament. Our premium type has higher flexibility than normal.
11. How to dry pla filament?
PLA filament could absorb the moisture in the air. You could store pla filament in the oven.
12. Where to buy pla filament?
As the manufacturer for 3d printer materials, we focus on wholesale and OEM service. If you want to import or retail with 3D filament, please fill the form below, and we will reply soon.
13. What makes pla filament brittle?
Maybe humidity is the most important factor. pla filament will be aged in humid Environment, it becomes brittle after some time.
14. What dissolves pla filament?
Acetone could work well. This always used to smooth the surface.
15. Is pla filament annealing?
Yes, it could be annealed to higher strength.
16. What is pla filament assortment?
We have several types of filament. Apart from solid color, we also have silk like, wood filled filament, conductive pla, carbon fiber pla, flame retardant pla and marble.
17. What can we do if pla filament is cracking?
This is a sign that there has so much internal stress, you could anneal the filament to remove it.
18. Does pla filament printer need enclosure?
No, enclosure is not necessary. PLA filament is so easy to work well.
19. How is pla filament heat resistance?
pla has low heat resistance, the HDT is about 60 degree.
20. Filament keeps snapping in printing, what should I do?
This means that the filament is damp. You need to stop print and dry for several hours.
21. PLA filament is not sticking to bed, what should we do?
PLA filament is the easiest material in 3d printing now. If it is not sticking to bed, you should confirm in two sections. 1. Temperature: Suitable temperature is need. 200-220 degree is the best range. 2. adjust the distance between nozzle and plate bed, the distance is just allow across of A4 paper.
22. Pla filament stuck in extruder, what can we do?
First, you should take out the rest filament in spool and set higher nozzle temperature. Use clean filament to help to clean the extruder.
23. What is pla filament pros and cons?
1. Biodegradable material
2. High Gloss surface on printing product
3. Good liquidity, parts are not easy to crack.
4. little wrap in large diameter object.
5. No fume in printing
1. Difficult to remove support
2. Low impact resistance